CIS 450 Project #1 - Fundamentals
- Goals/Tasks of the Project
- Review/study HMTL5 and CSS(3) new features. Get familiar with basic web design principles.
- Pick a topic, design/write a website that includes HTML lists, links, images, tables, forms, and videos/audios.
- Learn to use basic CSS to style and include basic HTML5 semantic elements. Validate HTML and CSS files.
- First thing first, decide the purpose of the website and understand the target audience.
- Design the website to make it well organized, load quickly, easy to view and read, work on multi platforms, and attractive.
- Start design with wireframes and/or site maps (linear, hierarchical, webbed, or a combination of them).
- Design the website to be extensible at the front-end and scalable at the back-end.
- Use fonts/font styles, colors, and graphics appropriately and according to the purpose of your site. Consider accessibility.
- Create website folders to organize files. Create templates and use spaceholders for related pages with similar design.
- Use new structural/semantic HTML elements, such as header, nav, main, and footer, which define areas of a webpage better than div "id"s.
- Use new multimedia tags such as audio and video that reduce the need for brower plugins.
- Use indents and extra lines for code readability. Use comments for documentation.
- Validate HTML pages at https://validator.w3.org. Validate CSS files at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator.
Back to CIS 450